Monday, March 22, 2010

3010 A.D - (My College Essay)

Piety is not what the lessons bring to people; it's the mistakes they bring to the lessons.
                After World War III (2060 A.D), Blackwater Inc. took over the U.S government. This event marked the end of democracy. Rules were being dictated. Fear was used to control the people. Our new President had ordered the crusaders to kill anyone who disobeyed the rules. Many religions were exterminated. Humanity was back to rubbles once again.
                My name is Tyler Durden (Born 9th July 1990). I was part of the U.S Military’s ‘Immortal Soldier’ program. I was one of the 20 subjects selected for the experiment. Others failed; I succeeded. Everything was perfect until a war broke out in the Middle East. The war soon spread across the world. It was a nuclear war. Billions of people died. Most of the vegetation was destroyed. The harmful gases drilled a big hole in the ozone layer. Water was evaporating at a rapid pace. People were turning into Hannibal’s; eating their own race. This was certainly not the world I had imagined to live in.
                As I walk through the streets of New York, I see misery; anger; agony and destruction, everywhere I look. It’s not a pleasant sight. People are looking at me with hunger in their eyes. Three young men approach me with guns in their hands. I stay calm. They ask me my name and my purpose of being there. I don’t say a word. I quietly listen to what they have to say. One of them gets irritated and points the gun at my chest. I remain unmoved. He pulls the trigger. The bullet collides with my chest but fails to penetrate it. The young men look at me with amazement. They think I am some kind of a devil. I stare one of them in the eye and say in a grim voice, “I don’t want any trouble. Let me leave peacefully.” They step aside; I move on.
                I arrive at a place that was once known as Times Square. It used to be filled with people from all over the world. Now it’s a mere crater. I stand still for awhile. I close my eyes and pray:

“Whosoever shed last blood, by man shall his blood be shed.
For immunity of god make he the man.
Destroy all that which is evil.
So that which is good may flourish.
For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Sancti."

I take a deep breath and I exhale slowly. I open my eyes. WTF! I’m in the bed with my wife. What? You mean to say, this was a dream. Holy jeepers! That was one hell of a dream.
                I look at my wife; and trust me, she never looked so beautiful before. At that moment, she was the most beautiful women in the entire world. I just cannot take my eyes off her. Its 6:30 in the morning. I need to get ready for work. I jump out of the bed and finish up all my daily chores. I’m ready to experience reality. I reach out to open the door with my fingers crossed. I open the door. New York is resurrected. I see people all over the place; chasing the American Dream. What a sight.
                Just to make sure I wasn’t a schizo, I approached a gentleman walking his dog on the street, and I pinched him. The gentleman looked at me with burning rage in his eyes and said, ”What is you F*****g problem, you son of a b***h.” I smiled back at him and said, “Thank You J”.
It may sound weird in a way, but this whole dreamy experience about the future made me realize that; The fate of humanity will be decided by humans and not by god. If we as a civilization, keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again, we will soon be obsolete. No religion in this world ever teaches to kill; its how we interpret the teachings. War is certainly not the solution to any problem. We should focus more on creating, and less on destroying.

No comments:

Post a Comment